Human DiseasesDiseases and their carrier is a very important topic for any competitive exam. Questions are asked from this topic in SSC Exams. Here we are providing few important diseases and their causes or carrier. They are going to be really helpful for your upcoming CGL exam.Viral Diseases
- Small pox → It is caused by the “Variola Virus”
- Chicken pox → It is caused by the “Varicella Virus”
- Rabies → “Rhabdo” (Pathogen) → Mad-Dog ( carrier).It is caused by the “Rhabdo Virus”
- AIDS → Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes. It is caused by the HIV (human immunodeficiency virus.) & is transmitted with the help of “sperm” (unsafe sexual intercourse & infected blood (mother to child).
- Dengue → It is caused by the attack of millions of virus and is transmitted by the bite of “Aedes aegypti” Mosquito which is a day biter.It is also known as the “Break Bone fever”.
- Gonorrhea → It is caused by the pathogen “Neisseria gonorrhoeae” & it is transmitted through (i) unsafe sexual intercourse (ii) saliva (iii) Infected Blood
- Syphilis → It is caused by the pathogen “Treponema Pallidum” & it is transmitted through unsafe sexual intercourse, saliva & infected blood
- Tuberculosis → (TB) → It is caused by the pathogen “Mycobacterium” & is transmitted through infected food, water & coughing & sneezing of the infected person. It affects the entire body part majorly Lungs & Bones.
- Leprosy → It is caused by the “Mycobacterium Leprae”
- Typhoid → It is caused by the pathogens “Salmonella Typhii”
- Tetanus → It is caused by the pathogen “Clostridium”. It is also known as “Locked Jaw”.
- Filaria (Elephantiasis) → It is a protozoan infection which is caused by the pathogen “Wuchereria bancrofti”.It is transmitted by the bite of “Culex” mosquito which highly breeds in the shelters of cow & buffalo.
- Insomnia (Sleeping sickness) → It is a protozoan infection which caused by the pathogen “Tryponema”. It is transmitted by the bite of “Sand fly” or “Tse-Tse” fly.
- Malaria → It is caused by the pathogen “Plasmodium” & is transmitted through the bite of “Female Anopheles” mosquito
- Asthma → It is a fungal infection, which causes congestion of lungs because of “Aspergillus” fungus.
- Baldness → It is a fungal infection, which is caused by the pathogen “Tepedius”. It is mainly caused due to the blockage of “scalp”.